Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks for Thanksgiving

To condense a list of everyone and everything I am thankful for would make me seem like an ungrateful spoiled wretch. However, should I list everything, the list would take forever to write. So, for the sake of simplicity, a list of ten should suffice.

  1. God: Without Him, none of us would be here, or so I believe anyway.
  2. My mother: My mother raised me, practically being both a mother and a father. She also has always been there for me.
  3. My grandmother: She always took care of me when my mom was at work or elsewhere away from me.
  4. My father: My father taught me the definition of wrong through example.
  5. My great friends: They continually support and uplift me.
  6. My house: My home shields my family and me from the elements.
  7. Thomas Edison: He developed a way to harness the power of electricity.
  8. George Washington and the rest of the presidents: They have led our country through thick and thin, to the point that we are now. For that, we should all be grateful.
  9. Alexander Bell: He invented the telephone and initiated the series of events leading to the advent of the modern cellular phone.
  10. Whoever invented the computer: Perhaps his or her invention has become a bit of a curse as we become dependent on computers, but, for now at least, the benefits outweigh the risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment